Tuesday, October 25, 2005

May I

You reside in best part of my heart, but may I?
You are the goal, for which I'll make start, may I?

I haven't seen them till date, have I?
These gorgeous eyes, I want to appreciate, may I?

I want to be in Jerusalem, if you are the christ, may I?
If you are my God, I want to be your priest, may I?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sadda murshad vi tu, sadda pir vi tu,
vanjhali-e-ranjha bi tu, saleti hir vi tu,

sasi de pairaan di peed vi tu,
sohni di dhundali tasveer vi tu,

andhar tak vaar kare oh teer vi tu,
jis ute vaar hove, oh sharir vi tu,

je hai khuda, taan usda amir vi tu,
je hai nahi, te duniya-jageer vi tu,

matthe ute je par sakein, likhi takdeer vi tu
Mudd-e-jawani vi tu, zind da aakheer vi tu,

sadda murshad vi tu, sadda pir vi tu,
vanjhali-e-ranjha bi tu, saleti hir vi tu,

murshad---teacher
vanjhali--bansuri
amir-master
mud-starting

No comments: